One of my favorite dessert at the Dim Sum luncheon is the Sesame Cake
I came across this wonderful recipe here and made my own.
It’s super easy to make!
1. Prepare 2 bowl
2. Measure ingredients:
- Bowl 1: 120g water (room temperature) + 65g Water Chestnut Powder (gives it crunchiness)+ 15 g Glutinous Rice/ Wheat Starch Powder + 50g Cornstarch
- Bowl 2: 480g hot water + 150g sugar + 100g sesame powder (lightly toasted in oven for 10 min
3. Mix the bowls of ingredients separately, then mix the bowls together
4. Lightly oil the container/ mould/ ramekin that will be use, this helps release the steamed cake from the container
5. Steam the cake 🙂
- Option 1 – fill the batter to the top and steam for 20-30 min and test for doneness
- Option 2 – as suggested at the source to make multi-layers: fill the base of the container or 1/5 full, steam for 3 minutes (check whether the layer is set) then add another 1/5 to the container, allow it to steam for 3 minutes and repeat; after all the batter has been added, steam for 20 minutes and check for doneness
6. All the cake to cool before cutting it, then enjoy 🙂