The aroma of cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, caramelized sugar and melted butter filling up the room.
Gingerbread Cookie from Joy of Baking
1/2 c of butter
3 c of flour – I used whole wheat flour and it taste a bit like Mcvities Digestives
Be very generous with the spices – cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and fresh ginger
2/3 c of molasses
1/2 c of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1. Beat sugar and butter til light and fluffy
2. Mix in molasses and egg
3. Stir in dry ingredients until the batter is well combined
4. Refridgerate for couple of hours/ overnight
5. Roll out dough, shape with cookie cutter, bake at 350F for 8-10 min.
6. Check for doneness and Cool on rack