some a ton way too much enough rain in SF to end the drought. It’s time for some baking 🙂
The recipe from Egg Farmers of Alberta is easy to follow and I had some success with it the first time!
- 1c water
- 1/2c butter
- 1c AP flour
- 1/4tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven @ 425º F
- In a small pot, boil 1 c water with 1/2 c butter
- Stir in 1 c AP flour and a pinch of salt; stir with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough ball
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 egg at a time (4 eggs in total), stir until dough is smooth and shiny
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for a few minutes
- Drop large spoonful of the dough onto lined baking sheet
- Bake @425º F for 15 min then reduce temperature to 350º F for 20-30 minutes
- Cut a slit on the cream puff to let the steam out, this will keep it dry a little bit.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and your favorite filling 🙂
Here are rest of the cream puffs – I made 5 big ones in total, guess you can make them smaller and have a couple more.