Apparently, Karl is the name of the fog, hence @KarlTheFog. I know Sf is famous for the foggy weather, didn’t know that it’s so famous/ popular to a point where the fog has a name. Read more here about Karl!
La Cocina – a food incubator program for women entrepreneurs with low income. They have received a number of orders this year for gift boxes and I was fortunate enough to be making them. I had the opportunity to play Santa’s elves and I felt very rewarding looking at all those boxes stacking up. 100+ boxes ready for shipping after 3hrs 🙂 The best part, I got to try the local goodies, I must say they are extraordinary! Next time I leave sf, no more Ghirardelli, instead TCHO, Saints&olive (Spicy Chocolate Biscotti – delish!!), St Claire’s squares (Shortbread – flakey buttery) and Kika’s Treats ( Caramelized Grahams in Dark Chocolate). But it wouldn’t be complete without Contraband coffee!
The aroma of cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, caramelized sugar and melted butter filling up the room.
Gingerbread Cookie from Joy of Baking
1/2 c of butter
3 c of flour – I used whole wheat flour and it taste a bit like Mcvities Digestives
Be very generous with the spices – cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and fresh ginger
2/3 c of molasses
1/2 c of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1. Beat sugar and butter til light and fluffy
2. Mix in molasses and egg
3. Stir in dry ingredients until the batter is well combined
4. Refridgerate for couple of hours/ overnight
5. Roll out dough, shape with cookie cutter, bake at 350F for 8-10 min.
6. Check for doneness and Cool on rack
1. Start off the year on the rooftop of our building in Hong Kong.
2. Parliament building in Taipei, Reunion at TedxTaipei, Revisiting NonZero – it’s always good to revisit our friends and places we love.
3. First time traveling with my gf to Bangkok and fell in love with the Spa – Life is heavenly! Elephants for worship at Bangkok
4. It has been 22 years since my family moved to Vancouver. It is a rare occasion that over 100 relatives join together to celebrate our marriage in Chinese style. Our wedding gift for the Chinese Wedding Celebration
5. Two of our closest friends got married and we couldn’t attend. We miss you Mr and Mrs P 🙂 Our dearest friends in Taichung
6. Kowloon City Park, a part of Hong Kong where my parents’ history lies.
7. Our head gear for the Wedding Celebration
8. Artist on Hollywood Road HK, Bill on Seymour Road and the view from our apartment looking down on Caine Road.
9. Bill making me laugh posing at Spiderman 😛 He did all the heavy lifting in The Big Move with limited AC *poor thing
10. A glimpse of the Chatuchak Market in Bangkok
11. Day trip to Tai O, Fishing village of Hong Kong
12. Meeting someone famous in Taipei 🙂
13. Survived and celebrated our first anniversary
14. Surprise discovery of an old sewing machine
1. San Francisco in September – Golden Gate Bridge, Dolores Park and Fisherman Wharf while staying at our first Airbnb place
2. So silly of us taking pictures of Moscone Centre *Geeks!
3. Maple leaf tree changed its color from green to a spectrum of orange yellow, an indicator of Fall. Vancouver, BC.
4. Bay Bridge
5. Kayaking with Dad, first time ever!
6. Smitten’s and Tcho – new favorites
7. Hermes event – got to appreciate good craftsmanship
8. Huge pumpkin outside Wholefoods
9. Tzar – first dog we meet in SF, she’s a doll!
10. New ritual – Contraband Coffee
11. Life of a child – East Bay Mini Maker Faire
12. First event in SF and Bill dressed up for *Kevin get Mary =)
13. At our new home with familiar furnitures from Ikea
14. That’s us!
1. Athens, Greece; Santorini – Love it!!; Firenze; Kotor, Montenegro
2. Florence, Venice and inside a church in Argostoli
3. Romeo and Juliet’s Verona, Cappuccino Italian style!, Pink David and the art of Santa Maria Novella Chapel in Florence
BIG Congrats to these people.. hopefully pictures to follow someday when we meet them again in person 🙂
1. Half a dozen of new parents – Maggie & Herbert with Samuel, Kelly & Michael with Jayden, Lesley and Rex with Alexander, Angie & Ricky with Kianne and Bernice & Leo with Koen
2. The soon-to-be and the newlyweds – Mr. & Mrs. Peng,Shiu, Ho, Hung and Yeung
I had a hard time pulling myself away from some of the booths – yarn shops, letterpress cards/ posters and FabMo. Of course I left with some merino/ silk yarn, Christmas cards and a bag of fabric. Loved this free event 😍
This is a good glimpse of the Swedish celebration. Anyone know the name of the instrument .. it looks complicated like a cross breed of a piano and a violin?
Aside from Swedish Soda, lingo berry juice and more yarn, I took two of these home – handcrafted wool Santa 🙂 They are now chilling on the little Rosemary Tree 🎄